Hospice Promise Volunteers are a critical piece of our mission statement as we strive to provide compassionate end of life care and make a positive difference in the lives of our patients, their families and our community. Patients and families welcome assistance from volunteers within their communities.
Hospice Promise Volunteers offer assistance by:
- Providing companionship and socialization to patients with limited or no family.
- Offer emotional support to family members or caregivers.
- Assist with errands as needed for the patient or family.
- Provide intermittent respite care to allow the patient’s family member a much needed break from their caregiving duties.
- Prepare bulk mailings, staff training materials, and assist with other clerical tasks as needed in the office setting.
Interested in volunteering? Hospice Promise offers a free online comprehensive training program to prepare you for your journey as a hospice volunteer. For more information, complete the contact card below. A Hospice Promise Volunteer Coordinator will contact you directly.