Available Positions at Hospice Promise
RN Case Manager for Hospice Services
• Nursing: 1 year (Preferred)
• RN (Preferred)
This Registered Nurse will have the ability to plan, organize and direct patient care and is experienced in nursing with the emphasis on community health education/experience. Additional experience as an RN Case Manager, field nurse, community nurse, or as a Hospice RN is also a plus. This professional nurse builds from the resources of the community to plan and direct services to meet the needs of individuals and families within their homes and communities. Bilingual nurses welcome!
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities / Patient Care
- Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessments of patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete physical assessment and history of current and previous illness(es).
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of the nursing process.
- Assesses and evaluates patient's status by:
Writing and initiating plan of care
Regularly re-evaluating patient and family/caregiver needs
Participating in revising the plan of care as necessary
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by the physician in the physician's plan of care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related needs.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and facilitates the patient's efforts toward self-sufficiency and optional comfort care.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical Supervisor and assumes responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned caseload.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities /Communication
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical notes regarding patient's condition and care given. Records pain/symptom management changes/outcomes as appropriate.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives physicians' orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to coordinate the care plan.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary group,
- Provides and maintains a safe environment for the patient.
- Assists the patient and family/caregiver and other team members in providing continuity of care.
- Works in cooperation with the family/caregiver and hospice Interdisciplinary Group Members to meet the emotional needs of the patient and family/caregiver.
- Attends interdisciplinary group meetings.
Essential Job Functions & Responsibilities / Additional Duties
- Participates in on-call duties as defined by the on-call policy.
- Ensures that arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services
- Supervises ancillary personnel and delegates responsibilities when required.
- Assumes responsibility for personal growth and development and maintains and upgrades professional knowledge and practice skills through attendance and participation in continuing education and in service classes.
- Fulfills the obligation of requested and/or accepted case assignments.
- Actively participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities.
- Registered nurse with current licensure to practice professional nursing in the state.
- Graduate of National League for Nursing accredited school of nursing.
- Maintains a current CPR certification,
- Must be a licensed driver with an automobile that is insured in accordance with state or organization requirements and is in good working order.
- Minimum of two years experience, at least one of which is in the area of public health, home care, or hospice nursing is preferred.
- Self directed and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Management experience not required. Responsible for supervising hospice aides.
- Demonstrates excellent observation, problem solving, verbal and written communications; nursing skills per competency checklist.
- Shows ability to organize and prioritize workload independently.
- Prolonged or considerable walking or standing. Able to lift, position, and/or transfer patients. Able to lift supplies and equipment. Considerable reaching, stooping, bending, kneeling, and/or crouching. Visual acuity and hearing to perform required nursing skills.
About Hospice Promise
Hospice Promise is committed to building community relationships through support and education. Our mission is to provide compassionate end of life care and make a positive difference in the lives of our patients, their families, and our community. This nurse owned and run hospice provides a culture of autonomy and philosophy that recognizes the individual needs of our patients and caregivers.